Dr. Zengmin Tian
- Dr. Zengmin Tian, expert of PLA Navy General Hospital
- Chief Physician, Master of Medicine.
- Director of Neurosurgery Department of PLA Navy General Hospital
- Vice President of PLA Navy General Hospital
- Doctorial Supervisor of the Second Military Medical University
- Awarded the title of “Young and Middle-aged Medical Technology Star of China”
- Awarded special government allowances by the State Council
II. Expertise in
- Using non-invasive gamma knife to treat prosopalgia and brain tumor;
- Treating brain injury, brain tumor, and functional disease;
- Specialized in robot assisted stereotactic brain surgery, clinical application of modern stereotactic surgery and gamma knife, researches on brachytherapy for brain tumor, endoscopic brain surgery and neural stem cell transplantation.
III. Social position
In 1993, as a senior visiting scholar selected by Chinese government, Dr. Tian went to the United States for further study, and served as a guest professor in University of Washington.
At present, Dr. Tian holds the position of:
- Executive director of International Stereotactic Neurosurgical Society
- Vice Chairman of Functional Neurosurgical Department of Chinese Medical Association Neurosurgical Chapter
- Vice Chairman of Military Surgeons Committee on Trauma
- Vice Chairman of Beijing Neurosurgical society
- Vice Chairman of China Medical Informatics Association Beijing Chapter
- Associated Editor of Chinese Journal of Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery
- Chief Editor of International Journal of Cerebrovascular Diseases
- In recent 5 years, published more than 120 papers and 9 monographs
- Won the Second Award of National Scientific and Technological Progress Award
- Won the Third Award of National Scientific and Technological Progress Award
- Won the Second Award of Military Scientific and Technological Progress and Medical Result Award for 5 times
- Won the Second Award of Beijing Scientific and Technological Progress Award
- Researching on 6 projects now, including 3 national “863 Projects”, 1 national “973 Project”, 2 key projects of Beijing.
V. Major Research Direction
- Using non-invasive gamma knife to treat prosopalgia and brain tumor.
- Human-sourced stem cell transplantation to treat brain damage disease such as Parkinson
- Surgical treatment for spinal cord in jury and epilepsy
- Robot application in surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery for brain tumor